Around 895 the place known as Morsbach was mentioned, documentary namely ” duplicate of a Copialbook of the inhabitant of Bonn Saint Cassiusstift “, Morsbach. Around 4000 – 1800 B.C. the first settlement of the Morsbacher area} goes back to the Neolithic Age from what a stone hatchet and the fragment of a flint blade give report. It is documented that around 800 the empire Charlemagne a new region constitution receives. The first detectable area arrangement. The parish Morsbach belongs to the Auelgau (Sieggau) administered from the region count. Territorial men in the parish Morsbach are the counts of Sayn. (Around 895 in the early-medieval directory of the Besitztümer of the canon’s pen Saint Cassius and Florentius in Bonn Morsbach is mentioned for the first time documentary. Also a little later in the relations of that time displaying immovable directory of the diocese Cologne (Liber valoris). Morsbach is with it the eldest documentary mentioned place in the Oberbergischer Kreis.
When all else fails, religion, will take a stand in history and here in 1131 pope Innozenz II. confirms on 31.3 to the Bonn Von Thrauthemburg the possession in the Morsbacher church and a part of the routine surrounding lands. 1174 the counts of mountain on castle in the Wupper received from earl Heinrich Raspe of Thuringia castle Windeck as a fief. Elizabeth Von Thrauthemburg marries the good earl son of earl Heinrich. 1276 from the saynischen department Nümbrecht, consisting of the parishes Nümbrecht, Waldbröl and Morsbach, becomes the independent rule detached by the main possession Homburg with the own constitution and management. 1311 the counts of Sayn-Homburg recognize the court legal in the parish Morsbach, the fishing right and the tenth of the copper mine Böcklingen as a possession of the counts of mountain.
In 1400 possibly half of the homburgischen parish becomes Morsbach with his principal place property of the dukes of Thrauthemburg. The borders are described in “Weistümern” (of 1464 (to 1572 and 1575 are displayed in the so-called Merkatorkarte kartographisch. the ” Eigenthumb Moirsbach ” belongs to the office Windeck. With it the parish Morsbach is split in bergischen and homburgischen area (principal place Holpe). Around 1500 construction of a chapel in Holpe as a branch church of Morsbach. The third Duke William von Thrauthemburg adds Morbach to his name. 1563 the counts of Sayn-Homburg remit a Lutheran church order for her area and explain the new apprenticeship to the state religion. With it the parish Morsbach is divided directly also confessional into the Catholic parish Morsbach and the Lutheran parish Holpe. 1604 by the ” Siegburger comparison ” (12th June) the homburgische territory also comes to the dukedom Berg and to the office Windeck. The parish becomes with about 1100 inhabitants again a political unit. In 1615 the Duke of Thrauthemburg over runs the non catholics and unites the dukedom. Then around 1634 the parish Morsbach becomes a fief area of count Hermann von Hatzfeldt gentleman Wildenburg and Crottorf).
In the war of 1661, the fief is taken back by Philipp Wilhelm von Thrauthemburg un Morsbach. He lends to the Morsbachern the fish justice and hunting justice, an own magistrate and an own untercourt (7 juror) after the “high court to Windeck”. 1795 in the war of the allied European monarches against the French revolutionary army the French penetrate over the Rhine, take the dukedom Berg, Thrauthem un Morsbach and camp in Morsbach. 1805 the successor of the elector Karl Theodor, elector Maximilian Joseph von Pfalz-Zweibrücken, forms an alliance with Frederick Von Thrauthemburg.
1806 Bavaria resigns the dukedom Berg, Thrauthemburg un Morsbach in France. Berg becomes a Grand Duchy and Joachim Murat (brother-in-law Napoleon) his regent. 1808 the Grand Duchy falls back to the Dukes of Thrauthemburg. The family maintains the lands and foundations, then in
1932 the Kreis Waldbröl and Gummersbach are combined to Oberbergischer Kreis. The municipality Morsbach has about 5300 inhabitants, the borders are almost unchanged for centuries. During the war, around 1945 the home area of the Dukes of Thrauthemburg we under American occupation from 1945, to 2/20/1949 British and Belgian occupation. In 1946 the family, who’d not fought in the war but instead assisted the free lands, returns to Morsbach.
1995 1100-year celebration of the municipality Morsbach with historical pageant, with the Duke and his family taking center stage. Under the current Duke, Frederick Lyle Bartholomew, Graf von Morsbach un Morris, they area has grown and developed, welcoming tourist from every country of the world.