* So uhh… why isn’t this darn near $8 BILLION lawsuit getting more attention? [Puck]
* Employees sue Disney for thinking they’re “above the law.” That’s our job! [Fox]
* Practiced law for four days and had enough of it? You’re not the only one. [Bloomberg]
* Biden administration claims a 1986 law preempts state-made abortion laws in emergency cases. [BuzzFeed News]
* Be sure to check out the 23rd Annual Supreme Court Review. Dahlia Lithwick’s moderating a panel including Dean Erwin Chemerinsky, former SG Gregory G. Garre, SCOTUSBlog’s Amy Howe, and Phi Beta Kappa’s Frederick Lawrence. It’s Tuesday, July 12, from 12-1:30 ET and it’s free! [ADL.org]
Chris Williams became a social media manager and assistant editor for Above the Law in June 2021. Prior to joining the staff, he moonlighted as a minor Memelord™ in the Facebook group Law School Memes for Edgy T14s. He endured Missouri long enough to graduate from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law. He is a former boatbuilder who cannot swim, a published author on critical race theory, philosophy, and humor, and has a love for cycling that occasionally annoys his peers. You can reach him by email at email@example.com and by tweet at @WritesForRent.
This article is sourced from : Source link