* A former top lawyer of a financial regulator is accused of drinking heavily, using marijuana, and visiting strip clubs while on work trips. Maybe he was doing market research? [Bloomberg]
* A woman is suing a lawyer for redrafting her husband’s will and allocating millions of dollars to a foundation with which the lawyer was involved. [Grand Forks Herald]
* A new antitrust lawsuit is alleging that college textbook publishers and campus bookstores are making students pay above-market rates for course materials. [Yahoo News]
* An attorney for the sister of Robert Durst’s first wife is accusing Durst’s second wife of bigamy. [New York Post]
* The University of Michigan has dropped Steptoe & Johnson from a investigation of an accused molester since the firm has represented perpetrators of sexual assault. [ABC News]
Jordan Rothman is a partner of The Rothman Law Firm, a full-service New York and New Jersey law firm. He is also the founder of Student Debt Diaries, a website discussing how he paid off his student loans. You can reach Jordan through email at email@example.com.
This article is sourced from : Source link