“Till the time India would continue to field a
Secular team, our a billion fans would continued
to be betrayed like World Cup and Match at Lords”
Though, the T20 World cup has brought appreciation to the players, but the main team is still struggling to make a niche. I extend my sincere gratitude for the readers about my latest article which highlighted Indian Cricketer’s Betrayal ever since Indian team had begun to play at Sharja and World Cup. This is the feeling of over a Billion Indian Fans (BIF) who often felt that when ever National prestige was at stake or whether it was a Do or Die Match (DDM) against Pakistan or World Cup 2007 qualifying round, the Indian Cricket Team (ICT) had always betrayed. I would like to debate a few issues.
Firstly, on 07 September 2007, the similar sense of betrayal towards Nation was again seen when the entire team was roughed up below 188 runs during England tourney. Repeated style of losing wickets, especially by Ganguly and Tendulkar through very obvious and poor shots, is a clear indicative of the conflict between their thinking and body activities. It seems that while Daa has forgotten his un-ceremonial exit, the Master is waiting similar treatment. I am not only sharing the views of my husband Som Sharma, my daughters Shruti, Srishti and Smriti that Indian players have never learnt to retire with honor, but also would like do record that Indian Cricketers have never played for the Nation. Rather, money has been their prime goal. I am yet to see a cricketer, who had voluntarily retired like Steve, Inzamam, Kapil and a few others. I would like to recall old golden day as to how Little Master Sunil (LMS) was kept in the team despite repeated failures before completing his record making century and subsequent retirement? Nevertheless, I still honor and pay my rich tribute to all old stalwarts, who had paved a very strong foundation of ICT.
Secondly, every time, an honored player struggles to make re-entry in the ICT, his various fan clubs and regional fans create uproars to support but none had ever questioned these players sincere efforts in winning my crusical “Do or Die Matches (DDM). I do not recall any DDM; where these super block players; barring a few; had ever made significant contribution in winning the match for India. The humiliation with which the Board of Cricket Control of India (BCCI) had withdrawn from Sharja series is still fresh in Indian fan’s memoirs. Though, it was; truly speaking; a DDM for Indian and Pakistani players but actually all final matches outcome was controlled by Under World People (UWP). The players like Azar and Jadeja had not only different style of playing; and losing their wickets; but also they had maintained the climax of match till last ball so that hundreds of thousands of betting money could fill UWP coffins. Every time, when Indian Media and Nationalist People (IMNP) had raised questioned about ICT losing every DDM to Pakistan in finals at Sharja, the hype of keeping Sports away from Politics was created by UWP and their henchmen through Corrupt and Characterless Indian Politicians (CCIP). What I feel that the true motive, of keeping Sharja series going on, was minting money for UWP.
Thirdly, I would also like to record my husband’s feelings whenever any old player was re-selected quote “ICT would again suffer from internal rift which would betray the BIF” unquote. I recollected his statement while viewing highlights of final at Lords between Indian and England. Though, injustice to Sachin Tendulkar might be a part of hidden agenda; but Ganguly’s style of playing irresponsible shots after shots, after having over hundred matches experience, is not digested by a BIF; and a Common Cricket Fan (CCF). The sequence of falling wickets one after other was a painful sight to watch.
· First, I would like to debate about internal rift amongst ICT. Why every time, ICT fails to perform when Indian fans wanted? I find the internal rift is the main cause of ICT poor performance. The two senior players, without revealing their mind to each other are clearly betraying the Nation. Their actions are not only destroying ICT cohesive spirit but also reducing the National esteem. The erstwhile ICT Coach Greg Chappell was struggling to convert Indian Secular Cricket Team (ISCT) to Indian National Cricket Team (INCT) but he failed miserably. He, being from a very Nationalist Country Team, wanted to awaken the lifeless spirit of Indian players, but he was unsuccessful in front of dirty Indian politics of not only Caste, Color and Creed (CCC); but Regionalism and Regional Identity (RRI) as Bengali, Punjabi and Maratha phobia. Poor Greg had to leave India hurt without making INCT players ever feel responsible towards Nation, a Nation of over a billion BIF.
· Second, I would like to debate the issue of pre-mediated mind set of BCCI and selectors. Still at the hind side of their mind, there is a feeling of selecting a Muslim, a Sikh, and Bengali etc. My view point, overrules the leaving out of outstanding players; and selecting those players who have political pulls, friends and mentors either in Ranji Trophy string or within BCCI or Bengali or Bihari connections. Why BCCI and Selectors are discarding my recommendations of selecting INCT on merit rather than on past records.
· Third, Secular versus National Cricket Team issue is about selecting specialized players while all-rounder players are waiting at every nook and corner of the country’s length and breadth. Why should we select a player only because he is good a fielder, baller or batsman? I would like to debate while India is full of all-rounder players; then why BCCI and selectors usually only select specialist of a particular field? Why should not BCCI pick up young all-rounders and groom them for future ICT. The Dirt of Cricket Money (DCM) and opportunity to move around the world with family free is the main cause of attraction for various politicians to become Chairman of BCCI. I would support Indian Cricket League (ICL) of Kapil Daa for taking giant leap to revive the Indian Cricket and not contest termite eaten BCCI.
· Fourth Merit versus CCC or RRI approach point of debate is the role of CCC and RRI. I would like to know my readers as to:-
o Why every time, BCCI should select ISCT and not INCT?
o Why should the ICT selectors should be riddled with regionalism, castism and nepotism?
o Why performance and merit is the only yardstick of selectors?
· Fifth issue is to Ban Politicians and Bureaucrats (BPAB) holding any BCCI post through an ordinance or Supreme Court decree. Infact, the Supreme Court of India should take an initiative and ban CCIP holding any post other then accounts through. As it is, by and large, the CCIP Indians are very subservient to Court orders; our politicians only understand the same language. If we have to revive ICT, first:
o Create zone wise world class stadiums in all five vertex of the country Delhi, Ahmedabad/Mumbai, Chennai/Bangalore, Calcutta/Patna/Guwahati and Lucknow/Allahabad;
o Honorably retire all stalwarts and seniors to pave the ways for younger players;
o Simultaneously train A, B and C teams at three different locations and levels.
I hope that my suggestion would revive the dying ICT and make the player proud
of their performance. My grand father use to always say quote “Indians hold Nationalists above their head if pleased, but defecate their faces if let down” unquote. Now days, I am finding that his quote is befitting ICT conduct and play.
I would like my august readers to share their views and solicit their frank opinion at email@example.com